California's new statewide student assessment system.
On January 1, 2014, California Education Code Section 60640 established the CAASPP System of assessments. For 2015-2016, the CAASPP System includes the following required assessments:
- Smarter Balanced Assessments – The Summative Assessments, Interim Assessments, and Digital Library are all part of the CAASPP System. The Summative Assessments are computer based assessments and are administered online.
- Summative Assessments – In grades 3 through 8 and 11 for English language arts/literacy (ELA) and mathematics.
- TESTING DATES:
- Grades 3 through 8: April 4th to May 27th
- Grade 11: April 19th to May 27th
- Please refer to your child's school for exact administration dates.
California Alternate Assessments (CAA) for ELA and mathematics in grades 3 through 8 and 11. The California Alternate Performance Assessment (CAPA) for ELA and mathematics has been eliminated. All CAPA eligible students will instead participate in a field test of an alternate assessment to be administered from April 11 to June 17, 2016. The CAPA for science in grades 5, 8, and 10 will continue to be administered until a replacement assessment is available.
- CST, CMA and CAPA - Science Assessments in grades 5, 8, and 10 (i.e., California Standards Tests [CST], California Modified Assessment [CMA], and CAPA) to be administered from April 14 to May 18, 2016.
For additional information about CAASPP testing including testing dates, please contact your child's school.